Complex Corporate Transactional Attorney
We strive to provide excellent service to our clients and provide a collaborative and respectful work environment for all our team members. We like to say that we take our work very seriously, but we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We welcome all applicants and strive to provide a workplace in which all employees feel included, respected, and valued.
Overview of the Position:
We are seeking an attorney with 6-12 years of experience in a wide range of business law practice areas– including M&A, corporate, business succession planning, and/or commercial transactions. This position is ideal for someone wanting to transition away from the billable hour demands of a larger firm but still interested in maintaining a sophisticated practice and collaborating with a team of like-minded professionals.
This position requires someone with strong experience and a solid corporate skillset - especially in areas like corporate structuring, commercial agreements, shareholder agreements, divestitures, mergers and acquisitions, joint venture management, internal ownership succession events, coordinating on tax issues, litigation support, etc.
The ideal candidate will have excellent file management and team management skills and be willing to consult with other “subject matter attorneys” who are members of Rose Law Firm extended network and have additional skill sets that may be required by the client. This position will be expected to help develop, enhance, and promote the firm’s infrastructure for serving clients and providing excellent substantive service to support and promote Rose Law Firm brand in Oregon, Washington, and nationally.
- Take complete responsibility and ownership for of all aspects of managing client engagements (both substantive and administrative) including, but not limited to:
- Meet with new client for introductory meetings
- Assess and determine scope of representation (in consultation with client)
- Manage invoicing on client files
- Manage compliance with all ethical requirements (e.g., the Oregon Rules of Professional Conduct and Oregon Formal Ethics Opinions)
- Manage the completion of all substantive aspects of the file
- Manage associate attorneys and coordinate with Of Counsel
- Manage client relationships, communication, and follow-up
- Consistently demonstrate ownership mentality for assigned client files/practice areas/projects/tasks/
- Draft, update, and/or manage the development legal content and work product
- Perform and/or manage online and general research, such as legal research and legislative history research; cite checks relevant cases; able to analyze and summarize information obtained into a coherent written memorandum or brief for submission to other attorneys, clients, and/or third parties
- Prepare factual summaries of client or file, including case-related documents
- Review, analyze, organize, index and manage client files; files consist of, but are not limited to, pleadings, memoranda, research, correspondence and depositions; document production; deposition, arbitration, hearing and trial notebooks; transaction and minute books or other corporate records
- Analyze and summarize complicated legal documents, including contracts, and suggesting alterations to those documents
- Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within the law firm or for a client, and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Perform due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions
- Keep abreast of changes in the law
- Supervise and mentor junior associates and support staff
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Juris Doctorate degree with strong academic record
- Admittance to Oregon State Bar (also being admitted to Washington State Bar is preferred)
- 6-12 years of legal experience, 5+ years at a law firm preferred
- Substantial experience with corporate and commercial transactions
- Capable of independently leading and managing all aspects of a successful client engagement—including all associated legal substantive and administrative-related aspects
- Highly skilled and experienced in contract drafting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar and spelling
- Consistently demonstrate complete “ownership” mentality for assigned areas/projects/tasks
- Excellent team leadership, management, and supervision of other team members in addition to a strong collaborative team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, use time efficiently, solve problems, and take initiative
- Work well under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Strong client-relationship skills, including in-person, telephone, and written communication with prospective clients, clients, and other relevant third parties (e.g., without limitation, clients’ other professional advisors, such as CPAs)
- An ability to use judgment, tact, and discretion in a law office environment and the utmost commitment to protecting confidential information
- Proficient in Windows OS, MSOffice, and comfort with learning new case management, billing, document management, and other software
- Hybrid work environment, with remote work options as appropriate. This position will be scheduled in the office 2-3 times per week with additional time in the office as requested.
- Work-from-home stipend.
- The Firm will provide equipment and supplies necessary for a reasonable work from home set-up (ergonomic chair, desk, if necessary, computer, monitors, etc.).
- Incentive and merit-based bonus structure.
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- 401k with a 4% match, immediately vested.
- Health and dental plans, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Vacation and Sick Leave; Vacation increases with length of tenure.
- Voluntary insurance options.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references through our application portal.
- This is a direct hire position and recruitment firm submissions will not be considered.
DOE and based on competitive market compensation + benefits (as eligible)
Flexible Billable Hour Goals (1200 – 1800 hours)
Rose Law Firm is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer