Rose Law Firm is a boutique law firm in beautiful Lake Oswego that offers big-firm quality with small-firm customer service. Our firm offers a wide range of services both as transactional lawyers and as litigators within the practice areas of business transitions and succession planning, corporate, mergers & acquisitions, real estate, executive compensation, tax, and estate planning.
We strive to provide excellent service to our clients and provide a collaborative and respectful work environment for all our team members. We like to say that we take our work very seriously, but we try not to take ourselves too seriously – large egos don’t function well here. We welcome all applicants and strive to provide a workplace in which all employees feel included, respected, and valued.
We are a small, but growing firm and are excited to add a new team member to our fun, flexible, and drama-free group of employees.
Overview of the Position:
The Office Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day effectiveness and efficiency of the office, as well as providing support on the finance and human resources needs of the Firm. This position will be the main point of contact for administrative questions and guidance at the Firm and will work closely the Firm Administrator at a high level to increase productivity, morale, and organization.
Our office is largely working remote currently due to COVID and therefore this position allows for working from home a majority of the time. However, this specific position will require time at our physical office on a regular basis for tasks that need to be performed in person and supervising others onsite as needed.
- Manage firm operations and supervise administrative staff with a focus on day-to-day supervision as well as long term employee development and firm improvements.
- Manage human resources for the Firm including recruitment, onboarding, performance reviews, terminations, recordkeeping, benefits administration, etc.
- Manage financial and bookkeeping duties at the firm including monthly client billing and collections, accounts payable and accounts receivable, financial and tax reporting, general ledger and trust accounting, cash flow control, payroll and fringe benefits for employees, and looking for cost-saving opportunities.
- Assist with development and management of the Firm’s marketing and sales strategy/vision.
- Assist with development, improvement, and implementation of Firm processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable on-the-job experience required.
- Demonstrated history of project management and effective development, implementation, and management of processes/systems.
- Experienced leader with ability to coach and train others, ability and willingness to delegate.
- Experience with law firm finance functions such as client billing & invoicing, collections, and trust accounting preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, time-management abilities, and ability to work autonomously and on a team.
- Takes ownership, with high initiative and follows through on projects/assignments to completion.
- Ability to see the big picture and engage in strategic planning and problem solving using good judgment.
- Ability to function efficiently while still demonstrating exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; must be effective communicator with colleagues, potential clients, and other professionals in the community.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing business needs and balance competing priorities.
- Possesses of advanced technology skills, including advanced level Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro and is able to learn new technology and implement and teach others re same.
If you are interested in the legal field, are a great team-player, and wanting to work with a fun but busy firm, we would like to talk with you!
We offer excellent benefits that include competitive pay, generous PTO and paid holidays, health/vision and dental plans, 401K with employer contribution, employee wellness programs, and more! We are also in a great area of town, with access to major freeways and many great restaurants.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references through our application portal here.
** Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. **
This is a direct-hire position and recruitment firm submissions will not be considered.
Compensation: Competitive, DOE + benefits (as eligible)
Employment type: full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer