Litigation Legal Assistant
Rose Law Firm is a boutique law firm in beautiful Lake Oswego that offers big-firm quality with small-firm customer service. Our firm offers a wide range of services both as transactional lawyers and as litigators within the practice areas of business transitions and succession planning, corporate, real estate, executive compensation, tax, and estate planning.
We strive to provide excellent service to our clients and provide a collaborative and respectful work environment for all our team members. We like to say that we take our work very seriously, but we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We welcome all applicants and strive to provide a workplace in which all employees feel included, respected, and valued.
We are a growing firm and are excited to add a new team member to our fun, flexible, and drama-free group of employees.
Overview of the Position:
The right person for our Litigation Legal Assistant role will preferably have some prior law firm experience, be interested in the legal areas in which Rose Law Firm practices and be a quick and eager learner who is looking for a long-term position with a close-knit team.
This position is an entry level role that will be comprised of legal assistant tasks to assist the firm’s attorneys and administrative responsibilities to help the firm function effectively. This role also has the potential to grow into a paralegal role over time depending upon performance.
Our office is largely working remote currently due to COVID and therefore this position allows for working from home a majority of the time. However, this specific position will require some time at our physical office on a regular basis (at least 2 days per week for 2-3 hours) for tasks that need to be performed in person.
Litigation Legal Assistant Responsibilities
- Assist 3-4 attorneys with client, case, matter, and project management, including drafting and sending engagement and conflict waiver letters, managing document organization of client file in both physical and electronic form, managing/docketing deadlines, and anything else to help the attorneys keep all files at the firm moving forward smoothly.
- Assist with the preparation, formatting, and proofreading of correspondence, memos, pleadings, research outlines, transactional agreements, and meeting minutes.
- Prepare/maintain minute books, pleading logs, discovery logs, trial notebooks, closing binders, and entity binders.
- Process filings with the Secretary of State and perform UCC searches and filings.
- Coordinate with title companies, gather TRIOs, file deeds, etc., on real estate matters.
- Keep client files organized; scanning and filing; assist with file organization as needed.
- Manage client intake, file openings/closings, processing engagement letters, and conflicts management.
- Check mail in office and take deposits to the bank.
- Assist with front desk reception and tasks to be completed at the office, including cleaning and sanitizing the office.
- Complete other basic clerical tasks, including data entry; photocopy/ scan/ fax, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2-3 year(s) working at a law firm or comparable office experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- High level of experience in Windows OS, Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat Pro required.
- Works well under pressure, does work efficiently, and has a high level of attention to detail.
- A team player and willing to be coachable and with a goal to continuously improve both themselves and the firm.
- Flexibility and ability to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrate integrity, strong client-relationship skills, the ability to use judgment, tact, discretion, and keep information confidential.
If you enjoy working in the legal field, are a great team-player and want to work with a fun but busy firm, we would like to talk with you!
We offer excellent benefits that include competitive pay, generous PTO and paid holidays, health/vision and dental plans, 401K with employer contribution, employee wellness programs, and more! We are also in a great area of town, with free parking, access to major freeways, and many great restaurants.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references through our application portal here.
This is a direct-hire position and recruitment firm submissions will not be considered.
Compensation: Competitive, DOE + benefits (as eligible)
Employment type: full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer