We strive to provide excellent service to our clients and provide a collaborative and respectful work environment for all our team members. We like to say that we take our work very seriously, but we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We welcome all applicants and strive to provide a workplace in which all employees feel included, respected, and valued.
Overview of the Position:
This Legal Assistant position will be assigned to assist primarily either litigation or transactional attorneys, but will also be cross-trained to assist in various practice areas to provide occasional help to other members of the team as needed (i.e. during trial or large closings or for vacation coverage)
The ideal candidate for this role will be a quick and eager learner and is looking to work on a close-knit team. Candidates will be expected to work on legal assistant as well as entry-level paralegal projects and assignments.
This position has the opportunity to grow over time into a paralegal role, depending on performance.
- Assist 2-3 attorneys with client, case, matter, and project management, including drafting and sending engagement and conflict waiver letters, managing document organization, managing/docketing deadlines, managing correspondence, etc.
- Finalize, edit, and format legal documents such as transactional agreements, pleadings, briefs, opinions, complaints, orders, and subpoenas; compose routine letters and memoranda.
- Prepare/maintain minute books, pleading logs, discovery logs, trial notebooks, closing binders, and entity binders.
- Prepare/format corporate documents and effect filing with offices of the Secretary of State.
- Perform UCC searches and filings.
- Coordinate with title companies, gather TRIOs, file deeds, etc., on matters dealing with real estate.
- Complete basic clerical tasks, including data entry; photocopy/scan/fax; organize firm library books.
- Perform any other task required to assist the law firm function effectively.
- 1-2 years as a legal assistant preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate from an accredited institution preferred.
- High level of experience in Windows OS, Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat Pro required.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Team player and willingness to be flexible.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Is coachable and interest in continuous improvement.
- Works well under pressure and high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate integrity, strong client-relationship skills, the ability to use judgment, tact, discretion, and keep information confidential.
- Hybrid work environment, with remote work options as appropriate. This position will be scheduled in the office 2-3 times per week with additional time in the office as requested.
- Work-from-home stipend.
- The Firm will provide equipment and supplies necessary for a reasonable work from home set-up (ergonomic chair, desk, if necessary, computer, monitors, etc.).
- Incentive and merit-based bonus structure.
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- 401k with a 4% match, immediately vested.
- Health and dental plans, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Vacation and Sick Leave; Vacation increases with length of tenure.
- Voluntary insurance options.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 professional references through our application portal.
- Submissions without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- This is a direct hire position and recruitment firm submissions will not be considered.
$21-$24/hour DOE and based on competitive market compensation.
Rose Law Firm is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer